Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk> on 2002/02/28 20:26:49 UTC

WriteableSourceTransformer + tests and samples

Hi All,

Sorry about the erroneous questions last night ;)

I finally managed to commit the WriteableSourceTransformer, as a
replacement for FileWritingTransformer.

Using Sylvain's new WriteableSource interface and FileSource
implementation, WriteableSourceTransformer can only write files at the
moment, though should be able to handle other WriteableSources as they come
along.

I encourage the writing of a WriteableXMLDBSource etc. ;)

The code is ready (I think) to start using the proposed exists() method in
WriteableSource, to provide action feedback, the relevant sections are
currently commented out. There is no use of the proposed abort() method yet.

The samples in xml-cocoon/src/scratchpad/webapps/mount/editor are updated
to use the new transformer.

First I will work on the sitemap to allow different editor types (file,
page-fragments, append etc.) then I'll be working on ways to avoid using
the StreamGenerator so you can catch errors before they trash the original.
I have a LONG list of things I want to add/try ....

Thanks for the support!

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre