Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Ibeling, Narisa" <na...@medtronic.com> on 2003/10/02 17:42:15 UTC

Image not displayed on Weblogic App Server

Hi,

I am running cocoon 2.0.4 compiled on JDK1.4.  I am trying to insert an image into my pdf report.  I have two problems:

1.  I use the following code to insert the image:
	<fo:block>
                 <fo:external-graphic src="http://www.medtronic.com/images/sublevel_mt_logo.gif" />
            </fo:block>
     There is no problem for this image to display in my own development environment both with Tomcat and Weblogic server.
     However, when I deploy the app on the Weblogic App Server in staging env, I could not get the image to display.  And it slowed
     way down.  Note the appserver is protected.

2.  I use the following code to insert the image which locates on a web server.  There is SSL and siteminder in front of the web server.
	<fo:block>
                  <fo:external-graphic src="https://physiciancentral-test.medtronic.com/clinicalReports/images/sublevel_mt_logo.gif" />
             </fo:block>
	I could not display the image even in my dev. env.  Here is the error message I got:
	Error while creating area : Error with image URL: Write Channel Closed, possible SSL handshaking or trust failure and no 	base directory is specified

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Narisa

Narisa Ibeling
Principle IT Project Leader
Cardiac Surgery, Medtronic, Inc.
narisa.h.ibeling@medtroinc.com
763.514.2839

Sun Certified Programmer For the Java 2 Platform
Sun Certified Web Component Developer
Oracle Certified Professional
IBM Certified Solutions Expert

Re: Image not displayed on Weblogic App Server

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Andreas L. Delmelle wrote:
>>Error with image URL: ... and no base directory is specified
>                                         ^^^ (URL?)
No, really "base directory".

> Puzzles me.

Solution has been posted to the Cocoon list: the server
certificate was considered untrustworthy by the Java run
time because it was for another domain.

The Error message just adds "and no base directory is specified"
to the message of the exception thrown from deeper levels, because
it used to be "file not found".
Oh well, legacy.

J.Pietschmann

RE: Image not displayed on Weblogic App Server

Posted by "Andreas L. Delmelle" <a_...@pandora.be>.

Nope. Second possibility is that it fails while trying to treat the URL as
complete, as the rest of the exception text reveals... (indicates error in
SSL).

Sorry for that!

> Puzzles me.

Still does... The rest of the message, I haven't found in the FOP-code yet

[ for the interested: I believe this to be in FopImageFactory on line 133

	+ e_context.getMessage()
]

Posted by "Andreas L. Delmelle" <a_...@pandora.be>.

Something wrong with the baseDir setting in the config.xml? Then again, if
the exception is thrown by the relative-URL-handling, this would mean that
the prefix 'https://' is not recognized as an absolute one...?

Puzzles me.

Anyone?

Greetz,