Posted to user@ant.apache.org by gturek <g....@niwa.co.nz> on 2010/07/12 05:18:11 UTC

Authenticating cvs extssh w/o getting prompted

As part of our automatic builds, I have  to connect to an external server
using extssh, but I cannot get it to work without it prompting the user,
which defeats the purpose of an automatic build. I've used the cvspass task,
I've tried to reference the password file in the cvs task, nothing works.
Any ideas?
Using ant 1.7.1 on SUSE SLED11
Thanx
gaby

Re: Authenticating cvs extssh w/o getting prompted

Posted by gturek <g....@niwa.co.nz>.
After much googling it seems like one must have a password-less loginset up
to make both ant and (in my case) CruiseControl work. I was able to set that
up following this documentation:
http://rcsg-gsir.imsb-dsgi.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/documents/internet/node31.html
Hope this helps someone in the future.
Gaby

AW: Authenticating cvs extssh w/o getting prompted

Posted by "Knuplesch, Juergen" <Ju...@icongmbh.de>.
Hello,

in our environment this works with putty and generated keys stored in files.

Regards Juergen