Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/21 10:36:51 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Jackrabbit 1.3.1

Hi,

I have posted a candidate for the Apache Jackrabbit 1.3.1 release at

    http://people.apache.org/~jukka/jackrabbit/1.3.1/

See the included RELEASE-NOTES.txt file for details on release
contents and latest changes. The release was made from the 1.3 branch
after merging in all the changes listed in the release notes.

The release candidate consists of the traditional source and binary
packages as well as a staged Maven repository that contains the 1.3.1
release artifacts.

Please vote on releasing these packages as Apache Jackrabbit 1.3.1.
The vote  passes if at least three +1 votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release the packages as Apache Jackrabbit 1.3.1
[ ] -1 Do not release the packages because...

Here's my +1, compiled and tested on Ubuntu Linux with Java 5 and on
Windows XP with Java 6.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache Jackrabbit 1.3.1

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 7/21/07, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please vote on releasing these packages as Apache Jackrabbit 1.3.1.

The vote passes with the following votes (* is member of the Jackrabbit PMC):

    +1 Jukka Zitting (*)
    +1 Alexandre Martins
    +1 Bertrand Delacretaz
    +1 Stefan Guggisberg (*)
    +1 Julian Reschke (*)

I will make the release available and send the official release
announcement once the download mirrors have been updated (or a bit
later, depending on when I next have net access).

BR,

Jukka Zitting
(at 69.039020, 20.817030)

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Jackrabbit 1.3.1

Posted by Alexandre Martins <al...@gmail.com>.
[X] +1 Release the packages as Apache Jackrabbit 1.3.1

--
Alexandre Costa Martins
CESAR - Recife Center for Advanced Studies and Systems

E-mail: alexandre.martins@cesar.org.br
MSN: xandecmartins@hotmail.com
GTalk: alexandremartins@gmail.com
Skype: xandecmartins
Mobile: +55 (81) 9929-9548
Office: +55 (81) 3425-4763
Fax: +55 (81) 3425-4701

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Jackrabbit 1.3.1

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 7/27/07, Florent Guillaume <fg...@nuxeo.com> wrote:
> Is there a reason that the bundle persistence manager ddl for posgresql
> (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-889) was not applied to 1.3.1 ?
> Can this be slipped in ? :)

It's a feature issue and not a bug fix. I try to put only bug fixes in
patch releases, so JCR-889 is scheduled for the 1.4 release.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Jackrabbit 1.3.1

Posted by Florent Guillaume <fg...@nuxeo.com>.
Sorry I'm late...

Is there a reason that the bundle persistence manager ddl for posgresql
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-889) was not applied to 1.3.1 ?
Can this be slipped in ? :)

Thanks,
Florent

Jukka Zitting wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have posted a candidate for the Apache Jackrabbit 1.3.1 release at
>
>    http://people.apache.org/~jukka/jackrabbit/1.3.1/
>
> See the included RELEASE-NOTES.txt file for details on release
> contents and latest changes. The release was made from the 1.3 branch
> after merging in all the changes listed in the release notes.
>
> The release candidate consists of the traditional source and binary
> packages as well as a staged Maven repository that contains the 1.3.1
> release artifacts.
>
> Please vote on releasing these packages as Apache Jackrabbit 1.3.1.
> The vote  passes if at least three +1 votes are cast.
>
> [ ] +1 Release the packages as Apache Jackrabbit 1.3.1
> [ ] -1 Do not release the packages because...
>
> Here's my +1, compiled and tested on Ubuntu Linux with Java 5 and on
> Windows XP with Java 6.
>
> BR,
>
> Jukka Zitting

Open Source Enterprise Content Management (ECM)

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Jackrabbit 1.3.1

Posted by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de>.
Jukka Zitting wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We're still lacking one binding +1 vote to make the release. It would
> be nice if someone could review the release candidate and/or the test
> failures Roy is seeing before Monday when I go offline for a full week
> (vacationing on the coast of the Arctic Ocean). Otherwise the release
> will have to wait a while (unless someone wants to take over managing
> the release).

I have downloaded the 1.3.1 source, *not* checked the hashes
(instructions?), but built and tested OK (Win XP, JDK 1.5).

If this is sufficient for a vote, here it is:

   +1

Best regards, Julian

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Jackrabbit 1.3.1

Posted by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de>.
Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> On Jul 27, 2007, at 11:57 PM, Jukka Zitting wrote:
>> If my reasoning is correct, I would treat the issue as a test case bug
>> to be fixed in a future release, and not a blocker to 1.3.1.
>
> I don't consider it a blocker.  I think it may have existed on 1.3.0
> as well, since I remember trying to test it and being unable to vote
> because of the failure (and not enough time to investigate it).
> Since nobody else has seen it, I just assume it is a local setup
> issue with maven.

I just saw the same problem with trunk and JCR2SPI, in testing my SPI
implementation. It seems it's triggered by the presence of pre-JDK-1.5
XML jars (Xerces, Xalan...).

So no, it's nothing specific to the 1.3.1 release.

Best regards, Julian

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Jackrabbit 1.3.1

Posted by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@gbiv.com>.
On Jul 27, 2007, at 11:57 PM, Jukka Zitting wrote:
> If my reasoning is correct, I would treat the issue as a test case bug
> to be fixed in a future release, and not a blocker to 1.3.1.

I don't consider it a blocker.  I think it may have existed on 1.3.0
as well, since I remember trying to test it and being unable to vote
because of the failure (and not enough time to investigate it).
Since nobody else has seen it, I just assume it is a local setup
issue with maven.

....Roy

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Jackrabbit 1.3.1

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 7/28/07, Roy T. Fielding <fi...@gbiv.com> wrote:
> > I have posted a candidate for the Apache Jackrabbit 1.3.1 release at
> >
> >    http://people.apache.org/~jukka/jackrabbit/1.3.1/
>
> All sigs and hashes good.  However, I am getting test failures on
> OS X 10.4.10 (PPC) with java version "1.5.0_07"
> Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_07-164)
> Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_07-87, mixed mode, sharing).
>
> All failures are because of
>
> junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: namespace: http://www.jcp.org/
> jcr/mix/1.0 not exported

Hmm, interesting. I briefly looked at the failing test case, and I
suspect that the problem is related to how the XML parser or
transformer handles namespace attributes. The test case first uses a
Transformer to convert the exported SAX events to a byte stream, and
then another Transformer to convert the byte stream to a DOM tree for
comparison. It could well be that the namespace attributes get lost
during that process with the default XML parser settings on your
platform. We saw and fixed similar problems in core before (see for
example JCR-367) but those fixes were never applied to the test cases.
I don't have a Mac to play with so I can't dig deeper.

Posted by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@gbiv.com>.
> I have posted a candidate for the Apache Jackrabbit 1.3.1 release at
>
>    http://people.apache.org/~jukka/jackrabbit/1.3.1/

All sigs and hashes good.  However, I am getting test failures on
OS X 10.4.10 (PPC) with java version "1.5.0_07"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_07-164)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_07-87, mixed mode, sharing).

All failures are because of

junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: namespace: http://www.jcp.org/
jcr/mix/1.0 not exported

More details below.

....Roy

Running org.apache.jackrabbit.test.TestAll
[Fatal Error] :1:10: Attribute name "is" associated with an element
type "this" must be followed by the ' = ' character.
[Fatal Error] :1:10: Attribute name "is" associated with an element
type "this" must be followed by the ' = ' character.
[Fatal Error] :-1:-1: Premature end of file.
[Fatal Error] :-1:-1: Premature end of file.
Tests run: 1055, Failures: 8, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed:
119.126 sec <<< FAILURE!

Results :

Failed tests:
   testExportDocView_handler_session_skipBinary_noRecurse
(org.apache.jackrabbit.test.api.ExportDocViewTest)
   testExportDocView_handler_session_skipBinary_recurse
(org.apache.jackrabbit.test.api.ExportDocViewTest)
   testExportDocView_handler_session_saveBinary_noRecurse
(org.apache.jackrabbit.test.api.ExportDocViewTest)
   testExportDocView_handler_session_saveBinary_recurse
(org.apache.jackrabbit.test.api.ExportDocViewTest)
   testExportDocView_stream_session_skipBinary_recurse
(org.apache.jackrabbit.test.api.ExportDocViewTest)
   testExportDocView_stream_session_skipBinary_noRecurse
(org.apache.jackrabbit.test.api.ExportDocViewTest)
   testExportDocView_stream_session_saveBinary_noRecurse
(org.apache.jackrabbit.test.api.ExportDocViewTest)
   testExportDocView_stream_session_saveBinary_recurse
(org.apache.jackrabbit.test.api.ExportDocViewTest)

-------
Test set: org.apache.jackrabbit.test.TestAll
-------
Tests run: 1055, Failures: 8, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed:
119.124 sec <<< FAILURE!
testExportDocView_handler_session_skipBinary_noRecurse
(org.apache.jackrabbit.test.api.ExportDocViewTest)  Time elapsed:
0.07 sec  <<< FAILURE!

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On 7/21/07, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:

(non-binding)
> [X ] +1 Release the packages as Apache Jackrabbit 1.3.1

Tested what's in
http://people.apache.org/~jukka/jackrabbit/1.3.1/source/ on macosx
10.4.10, java version "1.5.0_07": "mvn clean install" in
/jackrabbit-1.3.1 works, including automated tests.

-Bertrand

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Jackrabbit 1.3.1

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 7/21/07, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please vote on releasing these packages as Apache Jackrabbit 1.3.1.

Thanks to Alexandre and Bertrand for voting! However, we still need
two +1 votes from Jackrabbit PMC members to put the release out. I
guess quite a few are on vacation ATM, so I'm holding the vote open
until the required votes are in.

As a reminder, see
http://www.nabble.com/Release-auditing-guidelines-p8481069.html for
the related guidelines I wrote in January.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Jackrabbit 1.3.1

Posted by Stefan Guggisberg <st...@gmail.com>.
+1 Release the packages as Apache Jackrabbit 1.3.1

successfully compiled from source and ran automated tests on w2k with java 6.

cheers
stefan