Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ovidiu Predescu <ov...@cup.hp.com> on 2001/03/07 19:06:12 UTC

Re: Ultraedit?

On Wed, 7 Mar 2001 03:49:21 +0100, "Tiberiu Dondera" <ti...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Many of you who have develloped under windows probably know about
> ultraedit...
> Anybody out there devised a syntax coloring file for xsp?
> (Kinda like what Ovidiu Predescu did for emacs)?
>
> Thank you in advance,
> Tiberiu Dondera
>
> (and no, I won't learn emacs and start programming under linux... :)

;-)

I don't want to start an off-topic discussion, but...

There's no need to start programming under Linux, you can use GNU
Emacs or XEmacs on Windows. The ports on Windows platforms are
available for free from the GNU or XEmacs sites.

I would recommend starting with XEmacs, as it has nice menus and until
you get used to the key bindings they are quite handy.

The start-up curve is quite steep, but once you get used to it you'll
realize how powerful it is.

Regards,
Ovidiu

PS: stay tuned for an upcoming XSLT debugger running under (X)Emacs
I'm currently working on! You'll see an example of the power of
Emacs...

--
Ovidiu Predescu <ov...@cup.hp.com>