Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Greg Reddin <Gr...@alltel.com> on 2000/08/24 19:40:00 UTC

RE: getting access to the HTTPSession from an ActionForm bea

I would have to completely agree with Craig on this one.  I would even like to
see the ActionForm "tag" stay in place for the exact reasons he gives.

Um, I'm not so sure about that one ...

After all, the existence of a validate() method, even one that returns a
boolean, does not necessarily mean that the method does what Struts thinks it
does.  The case with ActionForm itself is different -- it's currently just a
tagging interface with no methods (and even there, it makes me a little bit
nervous, because Struts is already making assumptions about functionality that
cannot be "proven" to be correct if we go back to just Ojbect).  A
ValidatingActionForm is essentially saying "I conform to the contract specified
in the ValidatingActionForm interface's Javadocs."

Craig