Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/14 12:03:34 UTC

[DISCUSS]/[PROPOSAL] draft PRs

devs, I thought I had already sent a mail about this but i cannot find it.
I'm sure i had mentioned it somewhere (probably on github).
this is a follow up on [1] and hopefully you'll agree, a slight improvement.

here it comes:

At the moment we are creating PRs with a [WIP] or [DO NOT MERGE] tag in the
title. This title stands the chance of being merged once we agree the PR is
ready for merge. It also clutters the title.

Github has introduced a nice feature a while ago; draft PR. When creating a
PR you can opt not to open it for merge but as draft. Choose a button left
of the "Create pull request" button, marked "Create draft PR". It will be a
full PR with all CI and discussion possibilities open. The only difference
is the merge button being disabled. One will than have to make/mark it
"ready for merge" before it *can* be merged.

[1]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/f3f0988907f85bfc2cfcb0fbcde831037f9b1cb017e94bcdddd68932%40%3Cdev.cloudstack.apache.org%3E
please shoot any comments you may have back at me,
thanks

--
Daan

Re: [DISCUSS]/[PROPOSAL] draft PRs

Posted by Gabriel Beims Bräscher <ga...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me :)

Posted by Sven Vogel <S....@ewerk.com>.

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
+1

--

Andrija Panić

Re: [DISCUSS]/[PROPOSAL] draft PRs

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.

Posted by Paul Angus <pa...@shapeblue.com>.
+1

I've also created a script that trawls our PRs to both label and create a report.  Right now it uses the Draft 'type' to figure out what's 'coming soon'.
Ps. Once polished I plan to contribute the docker containers that takes away all 'environment creation' hassles.

paul.angus@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

Abhishek.Kumar@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
3 London Bridge Street,  3rd floor, News Building, London  SE1 9SGUK @shapeblue

Re: [DISCUSS]/[PROPOSAL] draft PRs

Posted by Wei ZHOU <us...@gmail.com>.
good idea.

it seems all checks and tests can still work, from example

-Wei

Posted by Paul Angus <pa...@shapeblue.com>.
Great work Daan!

paul.angus@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

Posted by Sven Vogel <S....@ewerk.com>.
Hi Daan,

K. I will look where I can put it into the confluence. Maybe or hope I will find a place. will say that I got this email. Maybe someone don’t get this mail eg another dev and then it’s easy to say there is an entry in the conf. Mailing lists are like a waterfall. you forget or don’t see it again in the moment it passes.

Cheers

Sven

__

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.