Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Joe Germuska <Jo...@Germuska.com> on 2003/10/08 00:36:36 UTC

[scm plugin] SCM problems adding namespace to project.xml

I'm just now trying out the maven:scm plugin, and I have a couple of
concerns.  I thought I'd check the list before posting bugs, in case
I'm confused.

I just ran maven scm:prepare-release for the first time.  When it
modified my project.xml file, it incorrectly modified the root
element.  It added the following to the top:
----
     <project xsi:schemaLocation="file:///opt/maven/maven-project.xsd">
       file:///opt/maven/maven-project.xsd
-------

This caused following maven goals to fail because the namespace
prefix "xsi" was not bound.  I was able to fix that, but I don't like
the change anyway -- project.xml is shared with my team, not all of
whom have the same $MAVEN_HOME.  I don't want to check these changes
in to CVS because it will break their builds.  This seems like overly
intrusive behavior, since everything was working fine without that
element before.

I also don't know what the first line after the opening project
element is doing.  I deleted it, and it's probably not going to break
anything, but that seems like a mistake.

I'm using Maven rc1 and the scm plugin (1.1) that was distributed with it.

This is the only open bug which sounds relevant (from the title) but
from the writeup, it looks like a different issue:
http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=MAVEN-825

Do I need to upgrade to a newer release?  Or is this just a bug that
I should file in Jira?

Thanks
	Joe
--