Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "AMARNATH, Balachandar" <BA...@airbus.com> on 2013/01/29 06:50:51 UTC

Concurrent processes

Hi,

Is there a way to execute two processes (.process) concurrently with camel? If yes, please share the appropriate resources

With thanks and regards
Balachandar

The information in this e-mail is confidential. The contents may not be disclosed or used by anyone other than the addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised.
Airbus cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this e-mail as it has been sent over public networks. If you have any concerns over the content of this message or its Accuracy or Integrity, please contact Airbus immediately.
All outgoing e-mails from Airbus are checked using regularly updated virus scanning software but you should take whatever measures you deem to be appropriate to ensure that this message and any attachments are virus free.

Re: Concurrent processes

Posted by Willem jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Processor are supposed to be executed concurrently.
You can managed the threads[1] in camel route, and there are some other camel components (like camel-jms, camel-cxf) have their own thread pool.

--
Willem Jiang

Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Re: Concurrent processes

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 10:41 AM, AMARNATH, Balachandar
<BA...@airbus.com> wrote:
> Thanks willem Jiang,
>
> So, you mean to say that even though, i have specified like process1().process2().process3(), they will be executed concurrently. If this is the case, does camel wait for some processes to finish, for instance, process3 needs inputs from process2 and process1?. I expect camel to wait for both the processes 1 and 2 to finish before process3 can start.

Hi

You should take the time to learn about the EIP patterns as they are
the corner stone for integration in general and Camel as well.
http://camel.apache.org/eip

See the pipes and filters EIP and then the multicast EIP
http://camel.apache.org/pipes-and-filters.html
http://camel.apache.org/multicast.html

Also if you are a bit new to Camel then take the time to read the
articles such as
http://java.dzone.com/articles/open-source-integration-apache

And some of the other articles as well
http://www.kai-waehner.de/blog/2012/05/04/apache-camel-tutorial-introduction/

And there is others listed here
http://camel.apache.org/articles.html

And if you get more serious then consider the Camel in Action book. I
am not saying this as the co-author of that book.
But because it has the best Camel docs out there, as well much better
organized than the Camel wiki pages, where the details
is scattered around.

> With many thanks
> Bala

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
Email: cibsen@redhat.com
Web: http://fusesource.com
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.com

Re: Concurrent processes

Posted by Willem jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
No, if you are just chain the processor together, for one exchange it will be processed one by one.
But if you have multiple exchanges, they can be processed concurrently.

Re: Concurrent processes

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 2:16 PM, AMARNATH, Balachandar
<BA...@airbus.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> With multicast(), I could achieve run processes concurrently. However, not sure to make another process to wait for completion of previous processes.
>

> from("direct:start")
>             .process(new Processor() {
>                 public void process(Exchange exchange) throws Exception {
> // do something                }
>             })
>             .multicast().parallelProcessing().process(new Processor(){
>                 public void process(Exchange exchange) throws Exception {
>                         Thread.sleep(3000);
>                         // do something                        }
>             }).process(new Processor(){
>                 public void process(Exchange exchange) throws Exception {
>                         Thread.sleep(1000);
>                         // do something
>                 }
>             });
>

> I have fourth process which I am trying to stop until 2 and 3 completes. I tried with Aggregate() but not successful. Any use case in this line will be helpful

Just add the 4th after the multicast. You can add a .end() to tell
Camel where multicast ends

from X
  to A
  multicast parallel
     to B
     to C
  end
  to D

In the example above, B and C is part of the multicast. And D is only
executed when the multicast is complete.

RE: Concurrent processes

Posted by "AMARNATH, Balachandar" <BA...@airbus.com>.
Thanks, in the 'end()', it worked !!

RE: Concurrent processes