Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Barry Volpe <st...@childrencare.com> on 2003/09/23 00:00:03 UTC

Changes for Nightly builds

Hello,

Trying to upgrade from struts 1.1Final to nightly build.  I'm getting the following error for

 name="loginForm"
  type="com.childrencare.LoginForm" >

Attribute name invalid according to the specified TLD

If I remove the name and type tags form appears to work.

Question I have is what do I reference for changes in the nightly build as related to
form tags.

I checked the TLD and do find a  "name" definition????

Where do I get the newer required form tags?????

Thanks,
Barry

Re: Changes for Nightly builds

Posted by Barry Volpe <st...@childrencare.com>.
Did further investigating and it looks like
"name" and "type" are no longer used when defining a Form tag.
Makes sense since they are already defined in struts-config.

Re: Frames Question

Posted by Varun Garg <va...@yahoo.com>.
Frames are like indivdual request. So think about it
this way, how would you send the information from one
request to next request in the same sesssion.

Usual way is to pass parameters in url's, another way
is to do form posts with the data, the other way is to
put info in session and the retrieve it.

So, it depends on your particular problem, amount of
data, nature of data etc, on how to organize that. But
the basic thing is that when you use frames, they are
seperate request for the server and should be handled
accordingly.

Varun

usually try to send parameters to
--- ross@bowtech.com wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Have an app that mixes struts, tiles and inline
> frames.
>
> The frames are there as the design team likes them.
> I tried to talk them
> out of it.
>
> Problem seems to be that when i send a request to an
> action, the attribute
> added to the request can be seen by the main page
> but not the iframe when
> the page is rendered.
>
> Can anyone shed light on what is actually happening?
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions, other than get rid
> of the frames?
>
> Regards
>
> Ross Rotherham

> For additional commands, e-mail: