Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Riedl Juergen <Ju...@icn.siemens.de> on 2001/09/25 08:40:07 UTC

AW: Call Tree How To: index.jsp -> jetspeed.vm & Default.psml: ho w does this work

Wow, this answer is perfect. One question is left:

o	where is the jetspeed servlet located, and what is its name?

The only thing I found was the jetspeed.vm ( I expected someting like Jetspeed.jsp or jetspeed.class). I searched even in the sources to no avail. So the step from 3) to 4) is not clear to me.

Thanx in advance

Juergen

Re: AW: Call Tree How To: index.jsp -> jetspeed.vm & Default.psml: how does this work

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@mikon.com>.
Juergen,
The Jetspeed servlet is based on Turbine.  In the WEB-INF/lib and
WEB-INF/classes directory trees you will find all of the entry points
used by Turbine and the other components include with Jetspeed.  Steps 3
and 4 are performed inside the Jetspeed servlet,  which includes
components from Turbine, Velocity, ECS, Xerces, Xalan,...

I suspect you are this does not fully answer your question.  If you
really want understand how Jetspeed works, you will need to understand
how Turbine works, including how it interacts with external classes like
the ones provided by Jetspeed.  Then you may want to learn Velocity.

As a side note, the Jetspeed log file may provide some clues on how, and
which, files are used.

Paul Spencer

Re: jsp screen loading

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Posted by Spike <sp...@interspike.com>.
Greetings Jetspeed Users,

This question is directed at those using a mix of velocity and jsp pages in
Jetspeed:

Suppose you have a *.jsp portlet that contains links and/or buttons. When a
user clicks on one of these the action class for that portlet handles the
submission. I understand how to call specific methods in the action handler
by appropriately naming the buttons but how does one load a new *.jsp
screen? Specifically, from the action class we want to load a screen that is