Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jerry Ford <jf...@katzenjammer.us> on 2003/12/24 23:07:31 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: MOD_JK2 and MOD_JK on SuSE

Hari:

To remove mod_jk2, just delete mod_jk2.so from your apache/libexec
directory and delete the references to it from your Apache config
(httpd.conf).

As for tomcat continuing to listen, that's because you have a mod_jk2
connector defined in tomcat's server.xml.

Just because tomcat is listening for it does not mean mod_jk2 is working.

Somebody else will have to address the questions about value---I don't
use mod_jk2, I have mod_jk, but I also don't use apache 2.x, I have
apache 1.3. I believe jk2 is designed for apache 2.

As for jk2 references in jk configs, yes, jk2 shows up in my
catalina.out, too, and I've never installed mod_jk2. It appears to just
be some sloppy reference in a log message. It doesn't mean anything
significant. I mean, it all still works. :)

Jerry