Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jeremy Morton <ad...@game-point.net> on 2013/01/08 23:25:08 UTC

Added me to wiki contributors?

Hi,

I'm told you added me to the Spamassassin wiki contributors list with
username jez9999.  Could you please tell me how I can obtain a password
for login?  I don't remember creating a jez9999 account previously.

--
Best regards,
Jeremy Morton (Jez)

Re: Added me to wiki contributors?

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <KM...@PCCC.com>.
On 1/22/2013 9:50 PM, Karsten Bräckelmann wrote:
> On Wed, 2013-01-23 at 03:28 +0100, Karsten Bräckelmann wrote:
>> On Tue, 2013-01-08 at 22:25 +0000, Jeremy Morton wrote:
>>> I'm told you added me to the Spamassassin wiki contributors list with
>>> username jez9999.
>> Yes, this has been done -- as I can see from the list posts, as well as
>> the ContributorsGroup wiki page.
>>
>> Please note: I REMOVED that username from the ContributorsGroup list.
> Crap. My bad.
>
> Jeremy, I granted your account full write permissions again. Turns out I
> got fooled by the wiki syntax and auto-linkifying.
>
> Thanks for your contributions to the wiki the last days, Jeremy! And
> thanks KAM for pointing out my oversight so timely.
>
> Way to come back... Where's that cozy rock again?
No harm no foul.  In fact, I think it's good policy to strike fear in
the hearts of all contributors by randomly pulling their karma for
invalid reasons ;-)  Deletings will continue until morale improves can
be our new motto.

Regards,
KAM

Re: Added me to wiki contributors?

Posted by Karsten Bräckelmann <gu...@rudersport.de>.

Posted by Karsten Bräckelmann <gu...@rudersport.de>.
Jeremy, I notice from your mail that you sent this to the SA users@ and
dev@ list, as well as to KAM directly. Without your mail being a reply,
as the headers clearly show.

Given the recent history of posts (by you and others replying), I am
sending this mail to the list *and* you directly. There is no need for
you to cross-post replies. Please keep it on this list, and maybe Cc me
if you prefer.

On Tue, 2013-01-08 at 22:25 +0000, Jeremy Morton wrote:
> I'm told you added me to the Spamassassin wiki contributors list with
> username jez9999.

Yes, this has been done -- as I can see from the list posts, as well as
the ContributorsGroup wiki page.

Please note: I REMOVED that username from the ContributorsGroup list.
Odds are, the wiki won't accept it due to the case and numbers anyway.
But since no such user exists, I won't keep the already publicly
documented wildcard account with pre-granted perms.

Once you obtained a valid wiki account (see below), please ask again to
be granted edit permissions.

> Could you please tell me how I can obtain a password for login?

As Darxus posted as a reply to your previous post on this very list,
almost by the minute 24 hours *before* you sent this: Create it.

> I don't remember creating a jez9999 account previously.

There's the problem. You didn't. Create a wiki account. Then ask for
write permissions, *after* trying to edit a page, as instructed *by* the
failing attempt to edit a page.

How else did you get the impression you need to ask without first
creating a wiki account? That would be a flaw to fix for us in the docs.