Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Ken Gunderson <kg...@teamcool.net> on 2002/10/11 21:27:29 UTC

jetspeed newbie

hello:

okay- so i am relatively clueless when it comes to java but jetspeed
looks cool and i wanted to check it out...  i can get it to run using
the defaul dtabase, but want to use mysql.  Here's what happens when i
try:

Horrible Exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/jetspeed/om/security/turbine/BaseTurbineUserPeer at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.security.turbine.TurbineUserManagement.getUser(TurbineUserManagement.java:163)
at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.JetspeedUserManagement.getUser(JetspeedUserManagement.java:98)
at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.security.turbine.TurbineAuthentication.getAnonymousUser(TurbineAuthentication.java:215)
at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.JetspeedAuthentication.getAnonymousUser(JetspeedAuthentication.java:107)
at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.JetspeedSecurity.getAnonymousUser(JetspeedSecurity.java:159)
at
org.apache.jetspeed.modules.actions.TemplateSessionValidator.doPerform(TemplateSessionValidator.java:97)
at
org.apache.jetspeed.modules.actions.JetspeedSessionValidator.doPerform(JetspeedSessionValidator.java:103)
at org.apache.turbine.modules.Action.perform(Action.java:87) at
org.apache.turbine.modules.ActionLoader.exec(ActionLoader.java:122) at

etc.....

my Torque.properties looks klike this:

database.default=default
database.default.driver=org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver
database.default.url=jdbc:mysql://localhost/jetspeed
database.default.username=sa
database.default.password=

the database exists and has been populated, but obviously i am not even
coming close to connecting to the db here. read through the docs and
not sure if i need turbine/torque actually installed or if it comes
bundled.

system is FreeBSD 4.6.2, jakarta_tomcat4.0.6 and jdk1.3.1

--
Regards-- Ken

Re: jetspeed newbie

Posted by Ken Gunderson <kg...@teamcool.net>.
On Friday 11 October 2002 03:57 pm, Raffaele Ragni wrote:
> you need the mm.mysql jdbc driver, you can find it at sourceforge.net
>

> <=- Raffaele Ragni -=>

forgot to mention the driver-- got it as well. installes via FreeBSD
ports system to /usr/local/share/java/classes.  so i setenv CLASSPATH
thusly.  but even if i copy the jar to WEB_INF/classes i get the same.
only sometimes i get this instead:

-- Horrible Exception: java.lang.Error: Error in
BasePeer.initTableSchema(TURBINE_USER): Connection object is null! at
org.apache.jetspeed.om.security.turbine.BaseTurbineUserPeer.initClass(BaseTurbineUserPeer.java:133)
at
org.apache.jetspeed.om.security.turbine.BaseTurbineUserPeer.(BaseTurbineUserPeer.java:112)
at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.security.turbine.TurbineUserManagement.getUser(TurbineUserManagement.java:163)
at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.JetspeedUserManagement.getUser(JetspeedUserManagement.java:98)
at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.security.turbine.TurbineAuthentication.getAnonymousUser(TurbineAuthentication.java:215)
at.....

mysql logs do not indicate any connection attempts whatsoever though.
if i just refersh the browser it errors thusly:

[...]

Regards,

Ken Gunderson

Re: jetspeed newbie

Posted by Raffaele Ragni <ra...@libero.it>.

[...]