Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org> on 2019/12/14 17:19:40 UTC

Behavior of CookieIdentityComparator

Folks,

can someone explain me why if a single component DNS name is in the
domain attribute of a cookie a .local is appended and the assumption is
make that this is a link local mDNS address?

What if I access servers with the local name with in my domain? E.g.,
homesrv if the the dns domain is example.com, fully homesrv.example.com.

I understand that PublicSuffixDomainFilter that uses this for
localDomainMap not the comparator?

Michael

Re: Behavior of CookieIdentityComparator

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Sat, 2019-12-14 at 18:19 +0100, Michael Osipov wrote:
> Folks,
>
> can someone explain me why if a single component DNS name is in the
> domain attribute of a cookie a .local is appended and the assumption
> is
> make that this is a link local mDNS address?
>
> What if I access servers with the local name with in my domain?
> E.g.,
> homesrv if the the dns domain is example.com, fully
> homesrv.example.com.
>
> I understand that PublicSuffixDomainFilter that uses this for
> localDomainMap not the comparator?

This was a requirement of RFC 2965. Now that RFC 2965 has been
deprecated and superseded by RFC 6265 this requirement is no longer
applicable. I will remove it shortly.

Oleg