Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Wayne Ohm <wo...@home.com> on 2001/02/26 08:45:49 UTC

Re: Struts Installation Problem (duplicate servlet.jar)

I thought there might be some people who are having the same problem, so I'm
sharing this with you.    The NoSuchMethodError problem was caused indeed by a
duplicate servlet.jar being in C:\jdk1.3\jre\lib\ext (probably an old version?).
Perhaps this should be mentioned in the next README.

> Hi,
>
> I tried to install the latest Struts with my Tomcat 3.2.1, and followed
> the instructions on README to install it, i.e. I installed a XML parser,
> etc.   But after I copied the example and documentation WAR files under
> Webapps,  I keep getting an error like this when I start Tomcat:

The most likely explanation is that you have an extra copy of struts.jar or
servlet.jar on your classpath (or in the system extensions directory,
$JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext).  Could you double check that?