Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by KZ Win <kz...@pelotoncycle.com> on 2014/08/08 22:21:12 UTC

nodetool cleanup error on 2.0.3

After joining a node to an existing cluster, I run 'nodetool cleanup'
as recommended on existing nodes in the cluster.  On one node, after
some time, I am getting an error starting with

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.AssertionError:
[SSTableReader(path='/data/cassandra/xxxx/Followers/xxxx-Followers-jb-15-Data.db'),
SSTableReader(path='/data/cassandra/xxxx/Followers/xxxx-Followers-jb-18-Data.db'),
SSTableReader(path='/data/cassandra/xxxx/Followers/xxxx-Followers-jb-17-Data.db'),
SSTableReader(path='/data/cassandra/xxxx/Followers/xxxx-Followers-jb-16-Data.db')]
.
.

I get the error after repeating the command

This seems to be the same issue as

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/cassandra-commits/201402.mbox/%3CJIRA.12697419.1393440649867.110801.1393440679722@arcas%3E

Also I get similar error message about 'unusually large row' in the
server log too.

What is the correct course of action?

Thanks

k.z.