Posted to dev@deltacloud.apache.org by Clarence Bakirtzidis <cl...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/27 10:13:56 UTC

Deltacloud status

Hi,

I previously looked at using DeltaCloud and had some installation issues
with it and thought I'd come back after a while to see how things had come
along.  However, I was wondering what the status is with this project as it
doesn't seem to have had much activity since October 2013.  Is this a sign
that the project is on the way to becoming abandoned?  Surely, it can't be
"done".  I image new cloud providers would be popping up all the time and
existing ones would change changing their APIs.

Regards,

Clarence.

RE: Deltacloud status

Posted by "Koper, Dies" <di...@fast.au.fujitsu.com>.
Hi Ikke,

>I'm not sure what's the state of our contributed pathces, I have a feeling they never went in, but I havent' checked.

FYI, the vCloud driver from Teodor Ivanov's fork was incorporated in February.
There seems to have been no pull requests from the Cybercom fork.
https://github.com/deltacloud/deltacloud-core/pulls

You mentioned you made changes to fog in your fog fork. Have all the changes in there that your fork of vcloud driver depends on been accepted and incorporated in fog/fog?

Regards,
Dies Koper

Posted by Ilkka Tengvall <il...@cybercom.com>.
Welcome to join the effort for deltacloud -> vCloud :)

We've been using it for quite a while already in production. It does
what we need, including post-install scritps etc. It required changes to
Fog as well, and they are public too, so no problem there.

If you work with openstack also, we contributed also a driver (to
OpenStack: https://github.com/cybercom-finland/neutron_vmware_dvswitch)
that manages vmware networks from OpenStack, so the vCloud can be
dropped and OpenStack to be put in place to control vCenter machines
without nsx. But that's a separate project. Until that's done, we rely
on deltacloud-vcloud driver.

In addition to VMware, we also use Deltacloud for Amazon and OpenStack,
so it is still usable project even if not very active.

BR,

Ikke

--
Ilkka Tengvall