Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Gregory F. March" <ma...@gfm.net> on 2004/01/30 21:42:00 UTC

Re: bean:write

On Jan 30, 2004, "David Erickson" <de...@cmcflex.com>  wrote:

 |Greg: you could alternatively use the JSTL Core tags, if the bean is null it
 |doesn't write anything I believe.  The format is <c:out
 |value="${yourbean}"/>
 |
 |otherwise if you really want to use bean:write you could enclose it in a
 |<logic:notEmpty name="mybean" property="bean property"></logic:notEmpty> or
 |just <logic:notEmpty name="mybean"></logic:notEmpty>

David,

Thanks for the response.  This would be the perfect solution (thank goodness
for emacs macros!) except we use the format attribute in many places.

Not being a jstl expert, is there an option for formatting?

Thanks,

/greg

--
Gregory F. March    -=-    http://www.gfm.net:81/~march    -=-    AIM:GfmNet

Re: bean:write

Posted by David Erickson <de...@cmcflex.com>.
What type of formatting are you looking to do?
-David