Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Stephan Seitz <s....@secretresearchfacility.com> on 2015/01/05 11:59:53 UTC

External use of a single IP / blacklist IP

Hi,

we're running ACS 4.4 w/ advanced networking. I'ld like to use one
single IP for an ACS unrelated host.

What would be the best way of telling ACS to not provision that
particular IP?

Thanks for any hints!

- Stephan

Re: External use of a single IP / blacklist IP

Posted by Stephan Seitz <s....@secretresearchfacility.com>.
Daan,
thanks for your quick reply!

> 1. make sure it is out of range for the particular network type (i.e.
> define a network 1.2.3.0/24 with start-ip 1.2.3.4 and then use
> 1.2.3.1-3 for other purposes (gateway, your dns/dhcp etc)
Since my particular IP is inside an already provisioned range, I can't
easily slice that range to get a tiny fragment free.

> 2. or create a vm with that ip and disable it for us (edit
> /etc/init.d/* to make sure it doesn't claim network)
Hmmm... maybe as a fallback.

> 3. edit thje database to trick cloudstack (not recomendable)
Well, finally, I modified the DB. By now, I found no reference or index
problems inside the Database.

use cloud;
update user_ip_address \
set allocated="2015-01-05 14:48:00", \
state="Allocated", \
account_id=1 \
where id=NNN;

Even if you find that not recommendable, I assume the DB stays
consistent.

cheers,

- Stephan

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.