Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Fergus Gallagher <Fe...@OrbisUK.com> on 2001/02/26 15:07:47 UTC

Problems upgrading 0.95 -> 1.0.4 (xml config)

I have got around to upgrading my applcation to use latest version of log4j
but I am having problem getting my xml config to work:

         <configuration configDebug="true">
                 <appender name="SLOW" class="org.apache.log4j.FileAppender">
                         <param name="File" value="System.err" />
                                 <param name="ConversionPattern"
value="%d{HH:mm:ss.SSS} %-5p [%t] %c{2}
  %C{2} (%F(%M):%L) \n\t %m\n"/>
                         </layout>
                 </appender>

                 <category name="com.orbisuk.telewest.twowaytv.Test">
                   <priority value="debug" />
                 </category>

                 <root>
                    <priority value ="info" />
                    <appender-ref ref="SLOW" />
                 </root>
         </configuration>

log4j: Disable override="null".
log4j: Ignoring disableOverride attribute.
log4j: Retreiving an instance of org.apache.log4j.Category.
log4j: Priority value for com.orbisuk.telewest.twowaytv.Test is  [debug].
log4j: com.orbisuk.telewest.twowaytv.Test priority set to DEBUG
log4j: Priority value for root is  [info].
log4j: root priority set to INFO
log4j:ERROR No appender named [SLOW] could be found.
log4j: Appender named [SLOW] not found.

The actual priorities are ignored in the output from the Category.debug(), etc.

The XML is passed in as an XML org.w3c.dom.Element read from a valdating
parser (so if I change one of "SLOW"s to "ARGHH" then I get an XML error)

Apart from the change from <log4j> -> <configuration>, the XML is unchanged
from 0.95, where it worked perfectly.

Any suggestions?

Fergus

--