Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Mikael <mi...@telia.com> on 2018/01/09 09:40:01 UTC

Using native persistence question

Silly question, if I have native persistence on and a node goes down for
some time, say I have a partitioned cache with backups or a replicated
cache, so that cache lives on in the other nodes, will the old node
handle this correct when it comes back online again and throw away any
old cache entries that are no longer valid that is has stored on disk
and start using the correct new entries from the other surviving nodes ?

Mikael

Re: Using native persistence question

Posted by Pavel Pereslegin <xx...@gmail.com>.
Hello, Mikael.

Yes, "old node" should handle this situation correctly.
You can check these links for more information:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Ignite+Persistent+Store+-+under+the+hood#IgnitePersistentStore-underthehood-DistributedRecovery
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Persistent+Store+Overview#PersistentStoreOverview-4.FaultTolerance