Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Joan Balaguero <jo...@grupoventus.com> on 2010/12/01 17:49:12 UTC

entity.consumeContent() deprecated in 4.0.3

Hello,

The entity.consumeContent() method is deprecated in 4.0.3. What must we use
instead of it?

Currently we’re using this method to be sure that the content is consumed
and connection is released. And it’s working ok.

Thanks,

Joan.

RE: entity.consumeContent() deprecated in 4.0.3

Posted by Joan Balaguero <jo...@grupoventus.com>.
Joan

HttpEntity#consumeContent() has been deprecated in the 4.1 branch of
HttpCore. HttpClient 4.0.3 ships with HttpCore 4.0.1 per default, so I
assume you have manually upgraded HttpCore version to 4.1
--> Yes.

As of version 4.1 one should be using EntityUtils#consume() instead.
--> Ok, done. Many thanks.

Re: entity.consumeContent() deprecated in 4.0.3

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 2010-12-01 at 17:49 +0100, Joan Balaguero wrote:
> Hello,
>

> The entity.consumeContent() method is deprecated in 4.0.3. What must we use
> instead of it?
>

> Currently we’re using this method to be sure that the content is consumed
> and connection is released. And it’s working ok.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Joan.

Joan

HttpEntity#consumeContent() has been deprecated in the 4.1 branch of
HttpCore. HttpClient 4.0.3 ships with HttpCore 4.0.1 per default, so I
assume you have manually upgraded HttpCore version to 4.1

As of version 4.1 one should be using EntityUtils#consume() instead.

Hope this helps

Oleg