Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Larry Isaacs <La...@sas.com> on 2001/05/16 21:22:16 UTC

Tomcat 3.3 Milestone 3 status

Hi All,

I'm in the process of preparing Tomcat 3.3 Milestone 3.  Please
consider the MAIN branch of jakarta-tomcat frozen for the time
being.

The current hold up is that mod_jk will serve JSP source for
URL's that end with ".jsp%20".  As soon as I fix this, the
Milestone 3 release will soon follow.

I'll announce when Tomcat 3.3 development is unfrozen.

Cheers,
Larry

P.S. Marc, a quick scan of mod_jk code didn't reveal differences
that would suggest that mod_jk in Tomat 3.2.2 doesn't also have
this problem.  If there is already a fix, please let me know.
Or, if not, let me know if you want me to port my fix.

__________
Larry Isaacs
Larry.Isaacs@sas.com
SAS Institute Inc.

RE: Tomcat 3.3 Milestone 3 status

Posted by Marc Saegesser <ma...@apropos.com>.
Larry,

I just tested this with 3.2.2b5 using Apache, mod_jk and AJP12 and the
".jsp%20" problem does indeed exist.  When running stand-alone the request
returns a 404 error, but with mod_jk the JSP source is returned.

If you could port your fix into tomcat_32 that would be great.  Let me know
what you find.