Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Richard Crawford <rc...@unexmail.ucdavis.edu> on 2003/06/04 17:49:26 UTC

[users@httpd] Case Sensitivity

We're in the process of upgrading our website from Windows/IIS to
Solaris/Apache.  While the new solution is, on the whole, far superior to
the old one, one of the problems we're running into frequently is the issue
of case-sensitive filenames.  We have a directory, for example, called
"Library" (with a capital L), but half our files refer to it as "library"
and the other half refer to it as "Library" (and this is just one example
-- there are dozens).  The decision was made to leave directory names as
they are, which means we're going to have to go into hundreds of individual
files and change them.

My question is, is there a hack I can make in Apache to make it case
insensitive, so that this is no longer an issue?

[users@httpd] apache + ssl + linux

Posted by Dani <mc...@wanadoo.es>.
Hello. I'm trying to install apache with SSL option. I've installed
httpd-2.0.44 into red hat 7.2. What have I do to install SSL?

I've installed OpenSSL and I've created a certificate.

I've read that I must use mod_ssl, but I can't see how to do that. Can I
install SSL with version 2.0.44? Can I install SSL after installing httpd? I
can't find anything about that.

Thanks.