Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by John Gorkos <jo...@sensus.com> on 2009/06/02 16:17:53 UTC

Virtual Topic Naming Conventions

We're working with the 5.3 SNAPSHOT AMQ libs and trying to get virtual topics
implemented.
Can anyone clear up some of the ambiguity around the Virtual Destinations
explanation on the web page?  Specifically, if I use the XML snippet from
the web page to make all topics virtual topics, what is the correct form for
the subscriber names?
For example, for a normal topic named FOO that gets the following rule
applied:
<virtualTopic name=">" prefix="VirtualTopicConsumers.*." />
should my subscribers be called VirtualTopicConsumers.A.FOO, and
VirtualTopicConsumers.B.FOO?

Also, there has been a great deal of angst and error with Virtual topics in
releases prior to 5.3.  Is there a serious effort to make these work
correctly in 5.3?

Thanks.
John Gorkos

Re: Virtual Topic Naming Conventions

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
Hi,

take a look at the coresponding VirtualTopic unit test

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/activemq/trunk/activemq-core/src/test/java/org/apache/activemq/broker/virtual/VirtualTopicPubSubUsingXBeanTest.java?revision=564057

it use VirtualTopicConsumers.ConsumerNumberOne.FOO topic name

Cheers
--
Dejan Bosanac

Blog - http://www.nighttale.net