Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by David Sean Taylor <da...@bbc.co.uk> on 2002/09/25 12:12:22 UTC

Serialization of Jetspeed Sessions

We are testing here with Tomcat 4.1 and the Tomcat Manager for reloading
webapps.
In testing with the commits I made yesterday, it appears that Jetspeed can
now have its sessions serialized on shutdown, and the sessions restored on
reload. However if a user is in the customizer, the session cannot be
serialized.

I have some patches (not yet committed) that almost get me there. Had to
make these classes serializable:

1. org.apache.jetspeed.om.registry.ContentUrl
2. org.apache.jetspeed.portal.Portlet
3. org.apache.jetspeed.portal.PortletController
4. org.apache.jetspeed.services.security.PortalResource
5. org.apache.jetspeed.util.MetaData

But still getting a NotSerializableException for org.apache.ecs.NullFilter.

002-09-24 17:45:43 StandardManager[/security] Cannot serialize session
attribute customize for session B48B51176F0B28A0111BA91D23A9C722
java.io.NotSerializableException: org.apache.ecs.filter.NullFilter
	at
java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(ObjectOutputStream.java:1054)

BBCi at http://www.bbc.co.uk/

stated.
signify your consent to this.