Posted to user@struts.apache.org by ch...@kattare.com on 2005/08/23 23:54:00 UTC

A forward problem

Hi,

Frantically trying to get a client demo working for the morning and I
feel like I ought to be able to work this out but I just can't.

I've got a demo system (not) running on a URL on tomcat 5.5/Java 1.5
with a file structure like
myserver/mydomain_com/mydomain.com/ so until I get the domain stuff
sorted out I can access via a url like
http://www.myhost.com/mydomain.com/mydomain_com/login.do

My login page works much like the struts mailreader application – I have
an action path to <action path="/SubmitLogon" and the html form action
is <html:form action="SubmitLogon>

The browser gets sent this with an action path to
/mydomain_com/SubmitLogon.do i.e. back up one directory on the file
structure.    So what happens when the submit event fires is that it goes to
http://www.myhost.com/smydomain.com/SubmitLogon.do
Thus giving me a 404 error.

Is there anything quick and easy that can be done here to prevent this.
 I thought I could maybe set the <action path="/SubmitLogon" without the
/ (<action path="SubmitLogon" > but this errors with an "action path
missing /" error message.

Thanks in advance,

Chum

Re: A forward problem

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
>From what I can see you your alias could be incorrect in httpd.conf
notice the Alias, Redirect, Directory and Location assignments in this
example
http://syger.com/jsc/docs/reader/jsp/environ.htm

*or your actions in your webapp are not defined correctly* in
struts-config.xml
take a look at
http://struts.apache.org/faqs/newbie.html
Martin

RE: A forward problem

Posted by "David G. Friedman" <hu...@ix.netcom.com>.
Chum,

Have you moved your webapp to the webapps/ROOT tomcat folder?
Also, do you have Tomcat directly on port 80 or are you using
Apache or a connector (mod_jk or mod_jk2) to send port 80 to
your Tomcat instance?

Regards,
David