Posted to wave-dev@incubator.apache.org by Evan Hughes <wi...@apache.org> on 2016/11/24 11:19:59 UTC

Stuff and mocking things

Hey all,

Been working on removing old dependencies and updating dependencies as can
be seen here
https://github.com/apache/incubator-wave/tree/fix/dependendices-2016 . It
seems we have to mocking lib's in use, if anyone is good with mockito would
you kindly help in transiting the tests with the other mocking library
(jmock)?

In other news ive been working on replacing the GXP (Google XML Pages)
which create html pages from a xml markup into standard HTML. This is work
being done to seperate the frontend and make it more modern, more will be
shown in coming week. After GXP is removed attention will then turn to the
Protobuf setup we have which atm needs to go through another utility, I
hope to remove this extra step with the transition to proto3. This would
mean the sub project PST (protobuf strings templates), would be depreciated
and can be lost to the void.

After this transitioning the clicent away from the server will be top
priority to allow swellrt to integrate without having bloat. Tis does not
mean Wave's intentional purpose is being changed but the entire UI will be
getting an upgrade as it gets transitioned, so expect to see new mixed with
old for a little while.

~ Evan

Re: Stuff and mocking things

Posted by Pablo Ojanguren <pa...@gmail.com>.
Good job Evan.
Regarding with gwt module inheritance... I found some problems with new gwt
version and path expresions in gwt modules. Does it ring you a bell?

Re: Stuff and mocking things

Posted by Yuri Z <ve...@gmail.com>.

Re: Stuff and mocking things

Posted by Evan Hughes <eh...@gmail.com>.

Re: Stuff and mocking things

Posted by Evan Hughes <eh...@gmail.com>.

Re: Stuff and mocking things

Posted by Yuri Z <ve...@gmail.com>.

Re: Stuff and mocking things

Posted by Evan Hughes <eh...@gmail.com>.

Re: Stuff and mocking things

Posted by Yuri Z <ve...@gmail.com>.

Re: Stuff and mocking things

Posted by Evan Hughes <wi...@apache.org>.

Re: Stuff and mocking things

Posted by Yuri Z <ve...@gmail.com>.
Great news, thanks Evan!

Re: Stuff and mocking things

Posted by Evan Hughes <eh...@gmail.com>.
@yuri I hope ur feeling better.

@pablo I dont believe so, it seems that its more the cause of the tests
just never being kept inline with the code. The main module with wave also
has 5 error's but they are an entire differnt ballpark.

With the transition, it will become clearer after ive finished getting rid
of the gxp. But in the end ild like to seperate what the wave client was
and the OT lib beneath it. It builds apon the discussions not too long ago
that the community had.

Re: Stuff and mocking things

Posted by Pablo Ojanguren <pa...@gmail.com>.