Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Scott O'Bryan <da...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/16 03:32:49 UTC

[VOTE] Release of Trinidad 1.2.8

Hi,

I was running the needed tasks to get the 1.2.8 release of the Apache
MyFaces Trinidad out. The artifacts are deployed to my private Apache
account ([1]).

Please take a look at the "1.2.8" artifacts and vote.  Please note that
this is my first time putting together a release for Trinidad so if you
could pay extra attention, I would be much appreciative.
[ ] +1 for community members who have reviewed the bits
[ ] +0
[ ] -1 for fatal flaws that should cause these bits not to be released,
and why..............

Scott

[1] http://people.apache.org/~sobryan/trinidad/1.2.8

Re: [VOTE] Release of Trinidad 1.2.8

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <mw...@gmail.com>.
+1

Sent from my iPod.

Posted by Scott O'Bryan <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Scott O'Bryan <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Scott

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
+0.5 (not +1 as I didn't do a complete review)

Posted by Simon Lessard <si...@gmail.com>.

Re: Has someone tested charts? ( was Re: [VOTE] Release of Trinidad 1.2.8)

Posted by Scott O'Bryan <da...@gmail.com>.
Are you talking those svg charts that venkata created?  I'm not in a
position to check them right now either mainly because I don't have
time to figure out what is wrong, but maybe I can politely ask Venkata
to take a look at them in his copious amounts of free time.

BTW- I'm assuming these demos work in jetty?

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.
Matthias,

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <mw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <mw...@gmail.com>.

> Matthias,
>
> Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
>> a) isn't an issue
>> Trinidad 1.2.x requires a Java EE 5 (web) container.
>
> So is "b" an issue?
>
> >> b) Charts working in 1.2.7 and not in 1.2.8. Both version where run
> >> using Tomcat 6.0.16 and jdk 1.5.0_11.

Don't think that this is a show-stopper.
Are there any other issues with the demo?

>> But, did 1.2.7 demo ship JSTL ?
> No
>
>> BTW. I don't know why tomcat 6 doesn't ship jsf 1.2 and jstl 1.2
>> out of the box...
>
> It does not.

Yeah, strange enough...

-M

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.
Matthias,

Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
> a) isn't an issue
> Trinidad 1.2.x requires a Java EE 5 (web) container.

So is "b" an issue?

 >> b) Charts working in 1.2.7 and not in 1.2.8. Both version where run
 >> using Tomcat 6.0.16 and jdk 1.5.0_11.

> But, did 1.2.7 demo ship JSTL ?

No

> BTW. I don't know why tomcat 6 doesn't ship jsf 1.2 and jstl 1.2 out of
> the box...

It does not.

<snip>

Paul Spencer

Re: [VOTE] Release of Trinidad 1.2.8

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <mw...@gmail.com>.
a) isn't an issue

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.
Matthias,

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <mw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.
Scott,

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <mw...@gmail.com>.
I found a related issue (in wicket). Looks like a JDK bug.

Let me search my archive, so that we can have a fix for 1.x9...

Sent from my iPod.

Posted by Scott O'Bryan <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Edward Dowgiallo <ed...@gmail.com>.
Cool.

Posted by Scott O'Bryan <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Scott O'Bryan <da...@gmail.com>.
It's not a regression.

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Edward Dowgiallo <ed...@gmail.com>.
-1

Posted by Scott O'Bryan <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Scott O'Bryan <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <mw...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Scott O'Bryan <da...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Paul.

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.

Posted by Scott O'Bryan <da...@gmail.com>.
Will do Paul.  Thanks for catching this issue.

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.
Scott,

Posted by Scott O'Bryan <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.
Venkata,

Posted by venkata guddanti <ve...@gmail.com>.
I believe yes.

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@mindspring.com>.
Venkata,
Is this also an issue in 1.0.x?

Paul Spencer

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.
Venkata,
Adding a JIRA that describes the issue and the solution would not hurt.
  If anything it will serve as a reminder next time this occurs.

Paul Spencer

Posted by venkata guddanti <ve...@gmail.com>.

Posted by venkata guddanti <ve...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Scott O'Bryan <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by venkata guddanti <ve...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Scott O'Bryan <da...@gmail.com>.
No issues, thanks for bringing it up.  I'll try to apply the patch once the
release is complete.

Posted by Alexey Stukalov <as...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Scott O'Bryan <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alexey Stukalov <as...@gmail.com>.