Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Robert Baird <bo...@yahoo.com> on 2006/04/05 04:33:22 UTC

[users@httpd] Installation Issue

I am running XP Pro and I have installed Apache, made the PHP configuration changes necessary, restarted my computer, and all appears well (the server is running and I got the Apache confirmation page).

  However, when I type in http://localhost to bring up a phpinfo file I have created (index.php) and stored in a folder called htdocs in the root (C:\htdocs\index.php), I get the following error message pop up;

  File Download-Security Warning

  Do you want to save this file?

  Name: localhost
  Type: Unknown File Type, 21 bytes
  From: localhost

  Is there something I need to modify in the browser settings?
  Bob

Re: [users@httpd] Installation Issue

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
No.  You have a 21 byte file coming back.  Check your PHP config.

You might want to obtain hobbit's netcat (nc) command line utility, or
use telnet, to connect to localhost port 80 and then

GET /index.php HTTP/1.0
Host: localhost

(with a blank line after Host: line) to see the exact bytes the server
sends back, if it's a binary, your script, or the (incomplete?) script
results.