Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Jesper Sahner <je...@hotmail.com> on 2006/02/07 13:27:48 UTC

Browser type: Jakarta Commons-HttpClient/3.0 not supported

Hi!

I am trying to access a website, which doesn't support Jakarta
Commons-HttpClient. When I access the website I get the following message:

You are currently viewing the site using:
Browser type: Jakarta Commons-HttpClient/3.0
Session Cookies enabled: true
Persistent Cookies enabled: true
Javascript enabled: true

We have detected that your browser/operating system combination is not one
that we currently support.

For the best performance Betfair recommends:
Windows 98, IE 5.5
Windows 98, IE 6.0
Windows 2000, IE 5.5
Windows 2000, IE 6.0
Windows 2000, Opera 7.54u2
Windows 2000, Firefox 1.0.1
Windows XP, IE 6.0sp1
Windows XP, IE 6.0sp2
Windows XP, Firefox 1.0.1
Mac OSX, Camino 0.8

Can I simulate e.g. a IE 6.0-browser?

Regards,
Jesper

Re: Browser type: Jakarta Commons-HttpClient/3.0 not supported

Posted by Jesper Sahner <je...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Bindul,

>From: Bindul Bhowmik <bi...@gmail.com>
>To: HttpClient User Discussion <ht...@jakarta.apache.org>
>Subject: Re: Browser type: Jakarta Commons-HttpClient/3.0 not supported
>Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 18:12:38 +0530
>
>Hello Jesper,
>
>On 2/7/06, Jesper Sahner <je...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi!
> >
> > I am trying to access a website, which doesn't support Jakarta
> > Commons-HttpClient. When I access the website I get the following
>message:
> >
> > You are currently viewing the site using:
> > Browser type: Jakarta Commons-HttpClient/3.0
> > Session Cookies enabled: true
> > Persistent Cookies enabled: true
> > Javascript enabled: true
> >
> > We have detected that your browser/operating system combination is not
>one
> > that we currently support.
> >
> > For the best performance Betfair recommends:
> > Windows 98, IE 5.5
> > Windows 98, IE 6.0
> > Windows 2000, IE 5.5
> > Windows 2000, IE 6.0
> > Windows 2000, Opera 7.54u2
> > Windows 2000, Firefox 1.0.1
> > Windows XP, IE 6.0sp1
> > Windows XP, IE 6.0sp2
> > Windows XP, Firefox 1.0.1
> > Mac OSX, Camino 0.8
> >
> > Can I simulate e.g. a IE 6.0-browser?
>

>Try changing the User-Agent header sent in the request method to the one IE
>uses. It will be something like:
>Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0).
>
>To change the user agent you will have to set the http.useragent parameter
>in the method. For more information see
>http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/preference-api.html.

The following solves the problem:
client.getParams().setParameter("http.useragent","MSIE 6.0");

Thanx!

Posted by Bindul Bhowmik <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hello Jesper,

On 2/7/06, Jesper Sahner <je...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I am trying to access a website, which doesn't support Jakarta
> Commons-HttpClient. When I access the website I get the following message:
>
> You are currently viewing the site using:
> Browser type: Jakarta Commons-HttpClient/3.0
> Session Cookies enabled: true
> Persistent Cookies enabled: true
> Javascript enabled: true
>
> We have detected that your browser/operating system combination is not one
> that we currently support.
>
> For the best performance Betfair recommends:
> Windows 98, IE 5.5
> Windows 98, IE 6.0
> Windows 2000, IE 5.5
> Windows 2000, IE 6.0
> Windows 2000, Opera 7.54u2
> Windows 2000, Firefox 1.0.1
> Windows XP, IE 6.0sp1
> Windows XP, IE 6.0sp2
> Windows XP, Firefox 1.0.1
> Mac OSX, Camino 0.8
>
> Can I simulate e.g. a IE 6.0-browser?

Try changing the User-Agent header sent in the request method to the one IE
uses. It will be something like:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0).

To change the user agent you will have to set the http.useragent parameter
in the method. For more information see
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/preference-api.html.

Regards,
> Jesper