Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org> on 2022/04/12 16:38:46 UTC

[NOTICE] - Freeze and branch for Apache NetBeans 14 on April 20th

Hi All,

This is advance notice that we're intending to freeze and branch for
NetBeans 14 on April 20th.

As we wind down towards 14, please help with reviewing remaining
pending pull requests by April 19th.  Please be release aware - merged
PRs should be ready for release and not require follow up.  If in
doubt, push back to NB15.

https://github.com/apache/netbeans/milestone/17

Also, please help with triaging issue reports, and mark with NB14
anything that might be high or critical priority for the release.

We're intending to create the delivery and release branches on April
20th.  All remaining open PRs will be retagged to NB15.  Anything that
requires merging to 14 after that date should be opened / rebased
against delivery for review.

We'll aim for a quick turnaround with a first release candidate build
on the same day.

Thanks all and best wishes,

Neil

Re: [NOTICE] - Freeze and branch for Apache NetBeans 14 on April 20th

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 12 Apr 2022, 17:38 Neil C Smith, <ne...@apache.org> wrote:

> We're intending to create the delivery and release branches on April
> 20th.  All remaining open PRs will be retagged to NB15.  Anything that
> requires merging to 14 after that date should be opened / rebased
> against delivery for review.

Quick reminder that we'll be branching off for NB14 tomorrow. Any remaining
open PRs for NB14 will be retagged for NB15.

Thanks,

Neil