Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "dirk.mahler" <di...@buschmais.com> on 2008/08/26 16:39:14 UTC

DLQ per subscriber?

Hi,

i've got ActiveMQ 4.1.1 running and a topic with two durable subscribers
deployed. Furthermore I added some configuration parameters to provide
redelivery in case of problems while consuming messages from the topic - all
this works fine.

Next step was adding a dead letter queue strategy. I would like to specify
an individual DLQ per subscriber but according to the documentation and the
configuration I've got running so far a DLQ may only be specified for a
topic. This IMHO does not make much sense because after receiving a message
in that DLQ it is not possible to decide which one of the subscribers
failed. Is there a solution for this?

Regards

Dirk

Re: DLQ per subscriber?

Posted by santony <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Have you find any solution to your problem ?

We are facing the same... 4 consumers on a topic. When redeliveryPolicy fail
for one of them, the message is redirect to a DLQ. With no possibility to
know exactly which one of the consumers is responsible.

I look for advisory system to see if i can know that one message has been
mis-consumed by a consumer... i found nothing.

RedeliveryPolicy can be configured in consumer side... seems possible to
configure DLQPolicy only on broker side.