Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by John Cecere <jo...@oracle.com> on 2014/09/30 16:23:04 UTC

Term vectors

I'm looking for documentation on how to use term vectors in Lucene. Specifically what I'd like be able to do is to return the
positions of found search terms/phrases/etc. within a document. I've been able to find bits and pieces of information here and
there, but no actual comprehensive documentation. The javadocs are more reference material than anything else.

Can someone point me to some documentation on term vectors, how they work, and how to to use them?

Thanks,
John

--
John Cecere
Principal Engineer - Oracle Corporation

Re: Term vectors

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
My Solr Deep Dive e-book has a whole chapter on the Solr term vector search
component, which is based on the Lucene term vector support.

It won't help you directly for Java coding, but the examples may help
illustrate what this feature can do.

See:
http://www.lulu.com/us/en/shop/jack-krupansky/solr-4x-deep-dive-early-access-release-7/ebook/product-21203548.html

The free Solr Reference Guide has a short section on the Solr Term Vector
component. You could check it out before buying my $10 e-book.
See:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/The+Term+Vector+Component

-- Jack Krupansky