Posted to dev@brooklyn.apache.org by Martin Harris <ma...@cloudsoftcorp.com> on 2014/10/02 15:23:27 UTC

Re: Launching Brooklyn from IntelliJ

This has now been resolved by changing the java compiler to use the eclipse
compiler. Please find attached full thread of the conversation with
JetBrains. Scroll down to the penultimate comment (the one from Andrey) for
the interesting bit

I'll update the ide.md documentation

Cheers

--
Martin Harris
Lead Software Engineer

Re: Launching Brooklyn from IntelliJ

Posted by Martin Harris <ma...@cloudsoftcorp.com>.
It appears the Apache mailing list stripped my attachment. Here's the
comment from Andrey@JetBrains:

  Please see the response from developer:

The problem seems to be caused by bug in java compiler from JDK 1.6, it is
known to sometimes produce compilation errors for complicated code
involving generic types. Java compiler from JDK 1.7 compiles your code
successfully so I would recommend you to consider upgrading to JDK 1.7. If
it isn't possible you can switch to Eclipse Compiler (Settings | Compiler |
Java Compiler | "Use Compiler" combobox).

JetBrains, Inc

http://www.jetbrains.com

"Develop with pleasure!"

--