Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by "Dhulipati, Chaitanya" <ch...@hp.com> on 2009/05/11 12:46:26 UTC

Problem with poi 3.2 while using CreateDrawingPatrich() method to add images into excel

Hi ,
I am using CreateDrawingPatrich() method to add images into excel sheet,its adding properly but privious imges are removing by using this method ,

I also want to retail those privious images while ading new images .

Let me knwo if u have any sollution to avoid this problem , i need to add images to excel sheet without clearing before images

I am using belwo code to render images
	HSSFPatriarch patriarch=sheet.createDrawingPatriarch();
	HSSFPicture picture = patriarch.createPicture(anchor1,index);

Thanks n Regards,
Chaitanya.DNVR
Hewlett-Packard(HP) Services.

Re: Problem with poi 3.2 while using CreateDrawingPatrich() method to add images into excel

Posted by "N. Hira" <nh...@cognocys.com>.
Hi there.

You don't need a new patriarch each time you add an image.  Consider
instantiating a patriarch once and reusing it for all images on one
sheet.

Comment from the JavaDoc:
Creates the top-level drawing patriarch. This will have the effect of
removing any existing drawings on this sheet. This may then be used
to add graphics or charts

Good luck.

-h
Hira, N.R.