Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Phillip Rhodes <rh...@yahoo.com> on 2006/06/18 04:35:26 UTC

3 field date component

I am writing a 3 field date component.  The component allows the user to
select the month/date/year from select boxes for their birth date.

Couple of questions:
1)  Has anyone already created such a component?

2)  Because I have 3 input fields bound to 3 properties in my component,
what would be the interface that gets called when all 3 property values
have been set.  After all the properties are set within the component, I
would like to construct a date object (from the 3 property values) and
set the component "date" bound parameter with my constructed date.

Thanks so much!

Re: 3 field date component

Posted by Henri Dupre <he...@gmail.com>.
On 6/17/06, Phillip Rhodes <rh...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am writing a 3 field date component.  The component allows the user to
> select the month/date/year from select boxes for their birth date.
>
> Couple of questions:
> 1)  Has anyone already created such a component?
>
> 2)  Because I have 3 input fields bound to 3 properties in my component,
> what would be the interface that gets called when all 3 property values
> have been set.  After all the properties are set within the component, I
> would like to construct a date object (from the 3 property values) and
> set the component "date" bound parameter with my constructed date.

if you have a submit button in your component, you can set a listener there.
Then set a parameter date for your component. You listener can then retrieve
the 3 values with the properties and compute a date object and set it to
your date parameter...

Thanks,

Henri.

Re: 3 field date component

Posted by Lutz Hühnken <lh...@googlemail.com>.
> Any ideas out there on how we can get a better inventory of components?

I think it would be easiest if everybody would just list their
components (or components they know of) in the tapestry wiki
("http://wiki.apache.org/tapestry/ExtraComponents").

On a funny side note, the first one listed under "Third party
components" is "alternative date component using three text fields."
I've really only just seen that for the first time.

Lutz

Re: 3 field date component

Posted by spamsucks <sp...@rhoderunner.com>.
That is EXACTLY what I was looking for.  I will try it out.

I think we (the tapestry community) need to do a better job of creating
a registry to what different components are out there.  I really like
tassle, but this component wasn't in it.

Re: 3 field date component

Posted by Ivano Pagano <i....@mclink.it>.

--

Ivano Pagano
**

Re: 3 field date component

Posted by Henri Dupre <he...@gmail.com>.

Re: 3 field date component

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
I would create a client side widget that parses the input field values upon
form submission and turns them into one single input submission, but that's
me..

There are a couple examples of similar things in the current tap4 trunk
(downloadable using maven2 snapshot builds now as well).
http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4.1/

On 6/18/06, hv @ Fashion Content <in...@fashioncontent.com> wrote:

> I would make a new component that contains 3 input fields which bind to a
> single Date value, or I suppose a Calendar value might be better.
>
> "Phillip Rhodes" <rh...@yahoo.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> >I am writing a 3 field date component.  The component allows the user to
> >select the month/date/year from select boxes for their birth date.
> >
> > Couple of questions:
> > 1)  Has anyone already created such a component?
> >
> > 2)  Because I have 3 input fields bound to 3 properties in my component,
> > what would be the interface that gets called when all 3 property values
> > have been set.  After all the properties are set within the component, I
> > would like to construct a date object (from the 3 property values) and
> set
> > the component "date" bound parameter with my constructed date.
> >
> > Thanks so much!

Jesse Kuhnert
Tacos/Tapestry, team member/developer

dojo/tapestry/tacos/hivemind.