Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by "Kilaru, Sambaiah" <Sa...@intuit.com> on 2014/06/26 15:02:13 UTC

How to make hdfs data rack aware

Hi All,

We setup a cluster with out rackawareness, now that we got right rackawreness script, we wanted to
Make sure data is rack aware.
How we make sure existing data is rack aware and NN should move copies if all of them are in the
Same rack?

Thanks,
Sam

Re: How to make hdfs data rack aware

Posted by Adam Kawa <ka...@gmail.com>.
You can run

$ sudo -u hdfs hdfs dfsadmin -report | grep "Hostname" -A 1

Posted by Adam Kawa <ka...@gmail.com>.
You can run

Posted by Adam Kawa <ka...@gmail.com>.
You can run