Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by mbastreak <mb...@awofm.info> on 2004/08/24 03:47:05 UTC

[users@httpd] problem displaying website.

I have a problem, that I am sure I have seen posted to this list before but
I can't seem to find the answer and I sure don't know how to search for it
using google, as it is a complicated question to ask but requires a simple
answer. Anyway to get down to the details:

OS: windows 2000 Workstation
Apache:2.0.50
BUILD: Standard install from Apache website, installed as an .msi file and
no extra modules
CAYMAN Netopia 3564 Business Class DSL router and DSL running DHCP and NAT.
Firwall: a pinhole setup to allow TCP ports 80-85 to the internal webserver
on the internal port of 80.

Problem: The website works great to the outside world everyone can see it
and nothing is wrong, however when it comes to anyone on LAN, they can not
see it unless type in the IP address of the computer hosting the website. I
know I have seen an answer to this before so please can someone refresh my
memory.

Sincerely!

Patrick O'Neal

RE: [users@httpd] problem displaying website.

Posted by Jeroen van Meeuwen <ka...@pczone-clan.nl>.

  _____

Posted by mbastreak <mb...@awofm.info>.
Sure, it is easy to set up something to synchronize files if you have a full
blown windows network setup, but I am dealing with w2k workstations. The
reason I have trying to fix this is becuase I have the same setup but I use
a different router. This router is actually a much better router than the
one I use in another setup. The router I am trying to get this work with is
a caymen Netopia 3465 I think.. I can't remember for sure (its at work).

Posted by Zoe Ballz <zo...@zoeballz.tv>.

Posted by Zoe Ballz <zo...@zoeballz.tv>.
Hiya