Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Patrick van Kann <pa...@fortune-cookie.com> on 2005/03/07 11:58:34 UTC

Problem changing to wrapped/literal from rpc/encoded

I have written a webservice and a custom serializer/deserializer using Axis RC3 that work as expected on the server side when I declare my service as a standard RPC service like so:

<service
    name="TimesheetWebService"
    provider="java:RPC"
    style="rpc"
    use="encoded"

    <bits that define type mappings etc />
</webservice>

However, if I simply change the definition to use wrapped/literal style like this (and change nothing else):

<service
    name="TimesheetWebService"
    provider="java:RPC"
    style="wrapped"
    use="literal"

    <bits that define type mappings etc />
</webservice>

I get this exception: java.io.IOException: No serializer found for class com.fc.timesheet.data.OffenderData in registry org.apache.axis.encoding.TypeMappingDelegate

Do I need to do anything else to make this work?

Thanks in advance,

Patrick