Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Alok Bhatia <al...@epinions-inc.com> on 2002/07/18 20:00:28 UTC

Can't find file luceneweb.war

Hi All,

I just started playing with Lucene and was at the web site
http://jakarta.apache.org/lucene/docs/demo3.html

Under the title 'Deploying the Demos', they talk about 'Located in your
distribution directory you should see a war file called luceneweb.war'.

However, I can't seem to find this file in my lucene directory.

The only reason I can think of is that the above demo link says it is for
Tomcat 4.0.1 but I am using Tomcat 4.0.4.  Has anyone else seen this
problem?  Where can I find this war file.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Alok

Re: Can't find file luceneweb.war

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
There are no WARs in Lucene distribution.
That is something that you have to build yourself using Ant.
Try running 'ant wardemo', that sounds like something that will build
you a demo WAR.  If you don't know what I'm talking about look re-read
the guide and look up information about Ant build tool.

Otis