Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by aswath narayana <as...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/27 07:17:54 UTC

difference between GlAccountClass & GlAccountType

Hi All,
Can any tell what is the difference between GlAccountClass & GlAccountType.

I was looking into prepareIncomeStatement and prepareBalanceSheet report in
GeneralLedgerServices.xml.  Both of them use GLAccountClass.

How is GlAccountType used and where?

Thanks,
-Aswath

Re: difference between GlAccountClass & GlAccountType

Posted by aswath narayana <as...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Jacopo.
What and where are the mapping entities that match the type to id.

Are you referring to the following services when you say automatic
transactions from a business event.  Is that correct?
 - createAcctgTransAndEntriesForIncomingPayment<https://localhost:8443/webtools/control/ArtifactInfo?type=service&uniqueId=createAcctgTransAndEntriesForIncomingPayment>
 - createAcctgTransAndEntriesForOutgoingPayment<https://localhost:8443/webtools/control/ArtifactInfo?type=service&uniqueId=createAcctgTransAndEntriesForOutgoingPayment>
 - createAcctgTransAndEntriesForPaymentApplication<https://localhost:8443/webtools/control/ArtifactInfo?type=service&uniqueId=createAcctgTransAndEntriesForPaymentApplication>

I am trying to understand the GLAccountType so that I can perform some of
the following using a custom UI.
* paying the officespace rent and electricity bill.
* giving advance amount to a party and collecting back against the advance.

Thanks in advance
-Aswath

Thanks,
-Aswath

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hi Aswath,

GlAccountType is used to map (for automatic transaction) a type to a
real account.
GlAccountClass is descibed in a comment in AccountingTypeData.xml:

     <!-- These classes are used to classify gl accounts for financial
statement purposes: balance sheet, income statement, cash flow
statement,
         statement of shareholders' equity.  We could get fancier with
different types of accounts: Investments vs PP&E, classes of equity,
         classes of debt, etc. over time -->
     <!--

         DEBIT
             |___> NON_POSTING