Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Gurmukh Singh <gu...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2017/10/01 00:02:02 UTC

Re: Will Backup Node download image and edits log from NameNode?

your observation is correct. backup node will also download.

If you look at the journey/evolution of hadoop, we had primary, backup
only, checkpointing node and then a generic secondary node.

checking node will do the merge of fsimage and edits