Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com> on 1999/06/23 21:50:17 UTC

More FAQ work

In its current incarnation, the FAQ is 95K of HTML, which translates
to 33 PostScript pages (A or A4) and 1600 lines of ASCII text.  That's
quite a lot to post in a single USENET message.

I've broken the FAQ into 10 separate files (FAQ.html and FAQ-[A-I].html)
and stitched it together with SSI directives.  (Joshua Slive's
reorganisation in February made the lines of division very simple.)
The net result is that it looks no different when browsed, but
it's in smaller standalone-viewable pieces that make it easier
to post and maintain.  (I'm having some trouble with my news
server still, but soon to be fixed..)

Any comments before I commit this change?  You can see what it
looks like at <http://Web.Golux.Com/coar/Apache/FAQ/FAQ.html>
(and FAQ-A.html through FAQ-I.html).  The images don't work because
I haven't bothered to copy them into that temporary directory,
but everything else is there.  The individual files will have
text added to make them better able to stand alone and reference
each other, but I want to get buy-in on the whole project before
doing that work.  The composite document will look the same as it
does now.
--
#ken    P-)}