Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Andrea Gazzarini <a....@gmail.com> on 2009/02/05 08:46:32 UTC

QMan Admin Console

Hi all, QMan Admin console has been submitted.
It lets you :

1) Connect with a broker;
2) List all connected brokers;
3) View managed resources summary (separated by resource type)
4) View Managed resource detail under two perspectives : JMX (as mbean) and
WS-DM
5) Hot logging reconfiguration : you can change log settings at runtime (for
example enabling SOAP or WSDL messages debug). Also this part needs to be
improved in order to augment the granularity level of what could be
configured.

(Known) Open issues :

1) Some menu options are not yet implemented : "Subscription Management" and
"System Health"
2) WS-DM perspective that is showing WSDL for generated WS-Resource is using
a wsdl-viewer.xslt (licensed under Apache 2.0) that needs some changes in
order to fit well in the admin console
3) WS-DM perspective that is showing Resource Metadata Descriptor is not
working because there's no an xsl for RMD.

So, finally, at this moment I'm leaving the QPID-1581 open in order to track
progress in QMan Admin COnsole development & improvement...

My plan is to update wiki documentation as soon as possible...I'll do that
when I'll have time because these days I am very very busy with my
projects...

@whoever is interested in playing with console : please give me feedback
about bugs, improvements, suggestions or whatever else.

Re: QMan Admin Console

Posted by Andrea Gazzarini <a....@gmail.com>.
That's great! :)
Let me know if he needs some help...(the documentation is in progress...)
Regards,
Andrea

Re: QMan Admin Console

Posted by Lahiru Gunathilake <la...@apache.org>.