Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Michael Schmalle <ap...@teotigraphix.com> on 2013/03/17 15:48:52 UTC

[Falcon] building

Hey,

I have managed to build Falcon after a half ass attempt to build the
sdk, which failed at text layout or something, don't know the build
went for 45 minutes then died, looks like it built most.

But for falcon, we still have;

<property name="sdk.branch"
value="${compiler}/../../../sdk/branches/develop"/>

I had to change it to;

<property name="sdk.branch" value="${compiler}/../../flex-sdk"/>

I have all the repos side by side, Erik how did you get all this stuff
to build? Did you recreate the old directory structure?

These build files are way to brittle for my taste.

Mike

--
Michael Schmalle - Teoti Graphix, LLC
http://www.teotigraphix.com

Re: [Falcon] building

Posted by Michael Schmalle <ap...@teotigraphix.com>.
Ok,

Well I have no idea and don't feel like learning anything new at the
moment. :) Things work fine right now for what I am doing.

I will wait until it gets sorted out.

Mike

Re: [Falcon] building

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.
Unfortunately, I haven't been able to do a hard link to a directory using ln
on cygwin, remains mklink which works on windows.

-Fred

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> If you do whatever git command that pulls from the remote or pushes to the
> remote, what will happen to files in the linked in directories?
Nothing - they are not updated or overwritten.

It does however stop you from running a few git commands as the link is regarded as something that's an unchecked change.

Justin

Re: [Falcon] building

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.
> If you do whatever git command that pulls from the remote or pushes to the
> remote, what will happen to files in the linked in directories?

I excluded 3.0.33 from being included in git operations.

TLF is particular but for others, there's still the possibily to use
submodules, I don't like it too much but it is possible to use it, I'm
currently testing testing one other option, if it works, it could be
simplier than submodules.

-Fred

If you do whatever git command that pulls from the remote or pushes to the
remote, what will happen to files in the linked in directories?

When we finally get falcon production ready, are we going to link it into
the SDK?  I hope not.  Falcon is also being used for FlexJS.  Now is the
time to practice building from downstream dependencies in different repos.

I expect new repos for BlazeDS and FlexUnit.  It isn't just one link we're
talking about.

-Alex

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: [Falcon] building

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
A question about file links:

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: [Falcon] building

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.

Re: [Falcon] building

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

[1] http://git-scm.com/book/en/Git-Tools-Submodules#Issues-with-Submodules <http://git-scm.com/book/en/Git-Tools-Submodules#Issues-with-Submodules>

Re: [Falcon] building

Posted by Jose Barragan <jo...@codeoscopic.com>.
Ok Fréd,

This reasoning seems correct, since it is less dramatic add a symbolic link at that point to change the scripts and also manage a git submodule, just for that.

Well ... It was just a suggestion :)

Jose Barragan
Chief Software Architect
Codeoscopic Madrid
C/. Infanta Mercedes, 92.
Planta 5.  505.
28020 Madrid.
Tel.: +34 912 94 80 80

Re: [Falcon] building

Re: [Falcon] building

Posted by Jose Barragan <jo...@codeoscopic.com>.

Re: [Falcon] building

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Jose,

Re: [Falcon] building

Posted by Jose Barragan <jo...@codeoscopic.com>.
Ops... sorry for sintax :P

Re: [Falcon] building

Posted by Jose Barragan <jo...@codeoscopic.com>.

Re: [Falcon] building

Re: [Falcon] building

Posted by Michael Schmalle <ap...@teotigraphix.com>.
I didn't notice, maybe there is.

If there is then great. :)

I think now that I have looked with word wrap below, the
FlashPlayer.exe is not getting copied to the temp dir when running the
falcon tests. It seems only the functional tests are failing and that
is why.

I can build falcon fine now. Its just I don't like the fact I had to
build the sdk to get the compiler. But if there is a subtask I can run
just to get compiler.jar, then I am an idiot and need to open my eyes.

Mike

Re: [Falcon] building

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: [Falcon] building

Posted by Michael Schmalle <ap...@teotigraphix.com>.
[...]

org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:47)
[...]
C:\Users\Work\Documents\git-apache\flex-falcon\compiler.tests\temp\MXMLPropertyStringTests5287004435668676379.swf in 0.356
seconds

Re: [Falcon] building

Posted by Michael Schmalle <ap...@teotigraphix.com>.
On this note;