Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2010/07/01 21:43:14 UTC

Re: making a zip of a bunch of jar-with-dependency jars stored in Nexus

Hi Ron,

Did you read the documentation for writing descriptors for the assembly
plugin?

For instance, it has this bit:

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/assembly.html#class_dependencySet

with the parameter:

|useTransitiveDependencies| 	Determines whether transitive dependencies
will be included in the processing of the current dependency set. If
true, includes/excludes/useTransitiveFiltering will apply to transitive
dependency artifacts in addition to the main project dependency
artifacts. If false, useTransitiveFiltering is meaningless, and
includes/excludes only affect the immediate dependencies of the project.
By default, this value is true. (Since 2.2) The default value is |true|.

maybe setting this to false would work for you?

-Marshall

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
On 01/07/2010 3:43 PM, Marshall Schor wrote:
> Hi Ron,
>
> Did you read the documentation for writing descriptors for the assembly
> plugin?
>
> For instance, it has this bit:
>
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/assembly.html#class_dependencySet

Yes
> with the parameter:
>
> |useTransitiveDependencies| 	Determines whether transitive dependencies
> will be included in the processing of the current dependency set. If
> true, includes/excludes/useTransitiveFiltering will apply to transitive
> dependency artifacts in addition to the main project dependency
> artifacts. If false, useTransitiveFiltering is meaningless, and
> includes/excludes only affect the immediate dependencies of the project.
> By default, this value is true. (Since 2.2) The default value is |true|.
>

> maybe setting this to false would work for you?

False does not work
Perhaps I am just have not figured out how to exclude the transitive
dependencies or just include the direct dependencies.
Any ideas.

Do you think that there is some way to just specify the jars from Nexus
by their GAV?

Thanks
Ron