Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thias <Ma...@bnpi.com> on 2004/06/25 01:00:57 UTC

Getting url which submitted form

Using Tomcat 5.0.26.

I'm trying to find out the name of the JSP page which submitted a form.

For example, I have a form in MyFirstPage.JSP.

<form id="MyFirstPage" method="post" action="MyNextPage.jsp">
     <input class="actionButton" type="submit" name="Submit"
value="Continue" />
</form>

Upon clicking submit, a post is submitted to MyNextForm.jsp. Is there a way
to retrieve the name of the submitting JSP page (MyFirstPage.JSP) while
processing the HttpServletRequest parameters inside MyNextForm.jsp.

Thank you,
  Mark Thias

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use
of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by others is strictly
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please contact the sender
and delete all copies.

Re: Getting url which submitted form

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
"Mark Thias" <Ma...@bnpi.com> wrote in message

> Using Tomcat 5.0.26.
>
> I'm trying to find out the name of the JSP page which submitted a form.
>
> For example, I have a form in MyFirstPage.JSP.
>
> <form id="MyFirstPage" method="post" action="MyNextPage.jsp">
>      <input class="actionButton" type="submit" name="Submit"
> value="Continue" />
> </form>
>
> Upon clicking submit, a post is submitted to MyNextForm.jsp. Is there a
way
> to retrieve the name of the submitting JSP page (MyFirstPage.JSP) while
> processing the HttpServletRequest parameters inside MyNextForm.jsp.

String lastPage = request.getHeader("referer");

Re: Tomcat exits without any known reason

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
I'm not aware of any new JVM patch for solaris 9 this year, so you
should be up to date. it's unlikley the JVM instability is caused by
solaris patch.

are you using database drivers that are native? I know both Oracle and
DB2 native drivers have been known to cause the VM to quick due to
driver segfaults. search the mailing list for references.

peter

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.

Tomcat exist without any known reason

Posted by Nikola Milutinovic <Ni...@ev.co.yu>.
Mike Jackson wrote:

> Put a hidden field in the form with and identifier that you can use to
> determine which form it was that submitted it.  I'd also suggest another
> hidden field to store a "transaction" id field so you can detect if it's a
> re-submittal of previously submitted information.

[SNIP]

That might be impractical. I believe every decent HTTP client will place
a HTTP header "Referer: ", which holds the page that refered to the
current one. If that wasn't so, tracking broken links on a web site
would be a nightmare :-)

Nix.

RE: Getting url which submitted form

Posted by Mike Jackson <mj...@cdi-hq.com>.
Put a hidden field in the form with and identifier that you can use to
determine which form it was that submitted it.  I'd also suggest another
hidden field to store a "transaction" id field so you can detect if it's a
re-submittal of previously submitted information.

--mikej
-=-----
mike jackson
mjackson@cdi-hq.com