Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Frank Walter <fr...@gmx.net> on 2019/05/01 18:22:47 UTC

Shards-directory still big after deleting big database in Fauxton

Hello

I have CouchDB v2.3.1 (on Ubuntu 14.04) and I use it only for creating
Wikipedia databases with mwscrape.
My shards folder was too big, over 50 GB big, so I deleted one big db
(frwiki) which had 32 GB in Fauxton. That db is gone now.
After this, I thought now my shards folder should be about 20 GB but it
is still 52 GB.

I don't find any documentation about that in the CouchDB Doc.
I restarted CouchDB (/etc/init.d/couchdb restart) but nothing changes.

How can I reduce the size of shards? How can I get rid of this ghost-db?

My next step would be, if I cannot solve this issue, to uninstall
CouchDB 2.x and reinstall 1.x, because I dont need that feature of
cluster server anyway. I see only inconvenience for my use.

Thanks

frank

Re: Shards-directory still big after deleting big database in Fauxton

Posted by Frank Röhm <fr...@gmx.net>.
Hello
Since I upgrade to 2.x I had only more work with it. The 1.5 is much easier to handle.
My 1.5 installation is not reachable through internet, so I guess there is not a problem with missing security patches.

Thanks
Frank

Posted by Adam Kocoloski <ko...@apache.org>.
Hi Frank,